Featured Ministry

 

Pleasant Hills Children’s Home
Fairfield, TX

In 1947, Mr. J.B. Daniel was moved with compassion to help families in need after the Great Depression era. He dedicated approximately 1000 acres located seventeen miles east of Fairfield, TX, and founded a home to help children and families in need. The properties and operation of the Home were transferred by the Daniel’s family to the Texas Assemblies of God Districts in 1961.

Originally founded as the Daniel Memorial Orphanage in 1947, the name changed to Pleasant Hills Children’s Home on May 1, 1970.

Today Pleasant Hills Children’s Home is a basic child care facility licensed by the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Service to care for 48 children. The Home was licensed in 1973. Leadership is provided by Executive Director Dr. Rev. Harry Thomassen and Administration Development Director Rev. Martha Thommasen under the direction of a 30 member Board of Directors.

Read their latest newsletter…

List of needs…

Visit their website…